Hi! I’m Jess.
I could write an entire book (maybe I will someday!) about how yoga has transformed my life. I could express with such intricate detail about the darkness I found myself within and the gifts I received through the practice… but it still wouldn’t be enough. I was gifted a second chance, and my words simply couldn’t justify the experience.
As I continue to venture down this rabbit hole of awakening, I slowly peel back the layers of my life, diving deep within myself to explore, expand, and understand… and I now have made it my life’s work to guide others in doing the same.
As a teacher my mission is to provide a safe space for my students that allows them to journey inward, and experience their own unique healing and transformation. Each one of my sessions is designed to become an exploration of the Self, a graceful dance between body and spirit, an unfolding story of connection, devotion, strength, expression, empowerment and love.
My teaching style could be best described as devotional movement. With pranayama practices, mudras, meditation practices and a heavy focus on body awareness, I hope to bring the ancient teachings into the modern day yoga class in a way that is understandable and unique to each individual in the room.
If you’re still reading this and would like to know more about me, here are some other random/interesting facts about yours truly.
- I was born in England but have lived in the states most of my life.
- I’ve been vegan since 2015 and vegetarian since 2012.
- I don’t drink, and traded in beer for kombucha. Yum!
- I went to school originally for massage therapy but felt compelled to begin yoga teacher training, so I did!
If you’d like to work with me or have ANY questions, please contact me at any time. I am so honored, and feel so blessed, to be on this journey with you.
Thank you for being a part of this adventure!
- 200 hour YTT internship program through the Edge Yoga School, certified by ACE
- 200 hour RYT training program through SoderWorld Healing Arts Academy, certified by Yoga Alliance
- Continuing education in Thai Body Work through SoderWorld Healing Arts Academy
- Continuing education in Trauma-informed yoga through Prison Yoga Chicago